With so many options available in the screen recording genre, it becomes next to impossible to choose the perfect one. One of the most commonly used video recorder software among youTubers and media professionals is the Movavi Screen Recorder Studio. The software helps you to record and edit videos at ease, and offers varying levels of customizations to suit user preferences.
- Record screens at resolutions you choose, including HD
- Save videos in few clicks
- Capture any screen, quick
- Edit videos you have captured
- Edit photos and other multimedia
With the added editing effects, you can bring in significant improvements to the video you have captured, and save them in a format you like.
Looking for other alternatives? While Movavi Screen Recorder Studio features right at the top of the list, there are a few other choices as well.
The Next 5 Screen Recorder Software Choices
Here are a few of the other good screen recording software you can give a go too.
- Active Presenter
An all in one screen recorder and video editor, and you can record videos and edit them all at one place.
It comes in three editions – Free, standard and Professional. You could use the free version without having to worry about any limit on the video recording or watermarks. However, if you wish to go more professional, you could opt for the paid version. With the help of the Standard edition, you could even export your creations to Microsoft Presentations or HTML5 simulations.
1) Easy User Interface
2) Built-in audio and video enhancing capabilities
3) Editing tools to improve the creation
1) Initial learning curve
2) Designed for more slideshow based output than a video
- iSpring Free Cam
It is a free video recording software that helps you to save screencast videos with ease. You can save your video footage in WMV, or you could even upload it directly on YouTube. With easy editing tools and elements, you can cut and paste fragments of the footage, edit background noise and apply any other audio of your choice.
1) You can upload your creation directly on YouTube.
2) You can save videos in HD format (up to 1080p)
3) It helps you create videos without worrying about Watermarks or time limits
- You can save video as WMV only
- It does not come with the option of Webcam recording
It is pretty hard to go wrong with this software as it has earned a name and reputation for itself in the market. It has been an industry standard for the past 11 years and continues to be so.
One of the most fantastic features of this software is that it helps you to generate interactive videos with clickable links to create diverse video content. You could easily record professional videos with minimal effort and maximum creativity.
1) There is no specific limit on the length of the videos.
2) All projects can be transferred to multiple computers and locations.
3) You could also publish and share your creations on YouTube.
1) The trial version of the software lasts for just three days.
2) When using the free versions, users are prohibited from using the demo version.
- Flashback Express
It comes with a smooth UI, that can be easily accessed even by first-timers. You do not have to worry about the length of the videos or the watermark flashing through in the middle of your videos, as this software supports easy visibility and high-definition videos. This software too, like the others, comes either in the paid or free versions.
One major feature of this software is that you can record from your desktop screen and webcam with sounds.
1) Fantastic control over the audio and video settings
2) Projects can be saved as AVI, SWF or FLV flash files
3) You can also hide desktop icons automatically during recording
1) The built-in Editor can be a little hard to handle initially
2) Editing the video might require you to follow the cursor with rapt attention
- Icecream Screen Recorder
With the help of the Icecream Screen Recorder software, you can record either a part or the whole of the screen as a screenshot or a graphic recording. This software can be used to make several professional videos and also for recording Skype-conversations or webinars.
1) It comes with a zoom tool which allows you to zoom into videos during recording.
2) You can also record webcam video along with the desktop recording simultaneously.
3) You can also set multiple screens captures with the help of a timer
1) It only supports WebM file format
2) You only get 10 minutes of recording time with the trial version.
While our personal favorite remains Movavi, you can give others a try. However, no matter which one you choose, do give its trial version a try first!