Special occasions should not be ruined because of recklessness, especially at an event venue. If you are planning to organize an event, whether it is a birthday, a party, a wedding or a business function, you are certainly charged with a lot of decisions to make.
When it comes to choosing an event venue, the biggest decision that you should make is the venue’s capacity to create a big impact of your upcoming event, and comes along the date of the event, the food from the caterer, the atmosphere, the lighting, the sounds and all other crucial aspects that will either contribute or ruin your entire event.
Bottom line is, the event venue is the most crucial aspect in determining a successful event. If this already intimidated you, should not be because there are a lot of ways to ensure that your event will become successful if you follow these helpful and very effective tips in choosing an event venue courtesy of glass house event space Melbourne.
- The Quality of Service- Event venues are usually convention centers, function rooms and a huge room that can fit more than a dozen people usually situated in malls, hotels, and other public places, but the question is, how does the event venue management serve its client? You should start off by asking the services they offer such as the kitchen facility, the equipment for both audio, and video, the entire space if it has a stage, a dressing room, a bathroom, and a breakout room, and of course the security, and ask them if are there any restrictions like alcohol, smoking, noise, and other stuff.
- Check the Ambience- You should pay special attention to the décor, the color of the wall and ceilings, the lightings and the entire architectural style of the event venue because the ambiance of the venue dictates the mood of the guests and attendees. If you are planning to hold an expo, try convention centers, if you are planning to hold a wedding reception, try booking a function room of a hotel, just make sure that the venue can Host functions that will be remembered.
- Make Sure the Venue Is Insured- There are venues out there that require a certain level of liability as well as they also are insured for the event. Usually, the customer or the client must be insured in this type of situation so better ask your insurance company if it is covered under your insurance policy. Also, make sure that the event venue has its own insurance to be fair as well.
- Accessibility- Everyone wants convenience, especially if the location of venue is very accessible and not in the middle of a traffic-prone area. Being accessible does not entirely mean that it should be a few minutes’ drives; it should also have ramps, railings and enough doors to make it accessible for people who have disabilities.
- Ask For the Cost- Event venues’ rates can be negotiated if you have the power of persuasion. You should know the exact amount before you sign any contract. You should remember also to confirm the date, the exact time and other important details said in the contract. Great venues should not always be pricey, so make sure to shop around.