Pallet delivery is in nearly all cases the most efficient and reliable way to send your goods across Europe and the UK. With a good and dependable courier, you can rest easy knowing your palletised goods are being delivered and arriving safely to their destination.
Before planning your delivery, you’ll need to know what items are approved and what items are unacceptable to ship on a pallet.
This list is made up of items that contain dangerous or hazardous materials and items that are a known risk to environments or people that are exposed to such materials. Under no circumstances are these items permitted when shipping goods on a pallet across Europe and the UK. Please check with your pallet delivery service for other guidelines.
- Weapons such as firearms, knives, swords, etc.
- Explosives such as fireworks, war materials, sparklers and ammunition.
- Items containing any kind of explosive such as Christmas crackers.
- Flammables such as matches, firelighters and alcohol that is more than 24% ABV
- Items containing flammable liquids such as perfumes, paint strippers and nail varnish remover.
- Gases such as aerosol and camping gas cylinders.
- Corrosive substances such as battery acid and drain cleaner.
- Toxic substances like pesticides, poisons and weed killers.
- Oxidising substances such as hair bleach.
- Radioactive material like smoke alarms and luminous dials.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Lithium batteries including those that are used to operate toys and laptops.
- Car batteries.
Other Unauthorised Items
- Human remains (not including ashes).
- Illegal drugs.
- Leather goods (to some countries).
- Pornographic materials (depending on the destination country).
- Animal parts, skin or fur.
- Ivory or ivory products.
- Prescribed medications.
- Tobacco and tobacco products.
Goods that Leak
- Hazardous liquids.
- Engines that still contain oil. (All engines need to be flushed out and dried before placed on a pallet for delivery.)
High Risk Items
These items will not be insured for loss or damage.
- Cash, credit cards or debit cards.
- Passports, birth and death certificates or other special documentation.
- Antiques that are high in value must be sent using a special service.
- Articles of exceptional value such as artwork, precious stones, silver and gold.
- Keys and other items of monetary or personal value.
Other Items that Won’t Be Insured for Loss or Damage
- White goods such as fridges, freezers, dishwashers, washing machines ovens, etc.
- Only flat-packed furniture will be shipped.
- Perishable goods such as frozen foods or fresh foods.
- Plants, seeds and flowers.
High Value and Fragile Items
- Computers, laptops, tablets, monitors, smartphones, screens, etc.
- TVs, LCD screens, plasma screens, digital displays, etc.
- Ceramics, china, stone, resin or marble.
For the most convenient and safest way to ship your goods, find a reliable pallet delivery service. A pallet delivery service in the UK will have guidelines and requirements. Check your preferred courier service for items that are approved and not approved. If you are planning to ship special items, it’s better to find a service that is specialised in those particular goods.