For the smooth running of your car, it is essential to periodically check the necessary parameters of your car. Like the other parameters, when to change the oil of your car is a very important question that needs to be paid attention to.
Running an engine without oil can be catastrophic and replacing a burnt engine can cost you a bomb. Learning about the right schedule for the oil change will affirm that your car will not develop unnecessary hassles.
The new versions of cars today are inbuilt with oil-life reminders, which predict when the oil needs to be changed. In case you have difficulty in understanding the appropriate schedule, contact a reliable agency for auto repair in Las Vegas. The experts will inform you about the right schedule and place for a cheap oil change in Las Vegas.
When is the right time to change the oil in your car?
Every vehicle, brand and driving style demands a different schedule for an oil change. The owner’s manual contains a specific schedule for ‘normal’ or ‘severe’ driving. You may think that as you are just driving to office and back or just dropping or picking up the children from school, you fall into the ’normal’ category. You couldn’t be more mistaken.
Your car warrants ‘severe’ service schedule when:
- You live in a place with extreme climate; it could be extremely hot, cold or humid.
- You do a lot of in-city driving, which entails frequent stops and starts.
- You go out only once or twice a week and the vehicle is idle for extended periods of time.
- You love hard driving, full throttle starts, and frequent dragstrip styles.
- Your trips are less than 5 miles.
- You idle extensively.
- You tow a trailer or heavy material.
What is a ‘severe’ service schedule?
Ideally, manufacturers recommend a Las Vegas oil change every 5000-7000 miles. But if the auto repair in Las Vegas recommends that you need a ‘severe’ servicing schedule then you will have to get a Las Vegas oil change as often as once every three to four months or every 3000 miles, whichever is earlier.
Remember non-adherence to the schedule can cause condensation, unburnt fuel, and other contaminants to quickly foul the oil. This reduces the ability of the oil to keep the contaminants and dirt particles away from the delicate parts, accelerating the wear and tear of the engine.
While going in for a cheap oil change in Las Vegas it is important to:
- To re-check the level of oil yourself with a dip-stick, after the Las Vegas oil change and once every fortnight.
- Learn about the right oil type, oil viscosity and oil weight required for your car.
- If you are a do-it-yourselfer, then maintain the records of the oil change schedule, the type of oil and filters used.
- Heed the advice of the experts and do as they say.
When any auto repair shop in Las Vegas advice for a cheap oil change in Las Vegas, it does not indicate that you are compromising on the quality.