To some degree, we all battle with developing superior content. We may like to think that what we write and share online will get read, disseminated and otherwise lauded, but the truth is that we often fall short. Sometimes far short.
If your content shines online, then that’s great for SEO. It will also lead to your business receiving more customers and raising your visibility in your industry. Here’s how to get the job done.
1. Be impeccable with your research. Never give short shrift to your articles. Pay ample attention to your stories and endeavor to understand what you’re writing about thoroughly. Don’t take short cuts, interview the right people, and attribute with abandon. Your readers deserve nothing less than your very best, so give that to them.
2. Never cover the same story the same way. If you break news or enjoy sharing stories that others are also covering, move away from mirroring what everyone else is doing. Instead, look for a unique angle and cover that. Further, think outside of the box by interviewing people, taking photos at events, or otherwise looking for the story that no one else is telling.
3. Let pictures tell the story. If you’re particularly handy with a camera, then allow photos to tell the story. Or at least, embellish the story. In some cases, you don’t need many words to share what you have found. Instead, photos with captions can add much to the experience. Video can be employed as well, especially if you are interviewing someone or are on scene as you report a story. Never underestimate the power of sight when telling a story.
4. Seek out the sources. It isn’t easy to find the sources to support your work. One way to find people is to use a service such as HelpAReporter to connect you with experts. Simply craft a query, post it and review the responses. The contributions will vary from the obviously promotional to the helpful. If you find an answer that is especially wise, then contact this person directly for a follow-up. You may find a source everyone else is missing and come away from the experience the richer for it.
5. Write a series. Not too many writers cover a series, preferring to say everything they want in one article. You can do better than that by covering an article series and presenting that information over back-to-back days or weekly. Creating a series means a lot of work, but it is something you can do by digging deep, writing your stories, connecting the same, and promoting the entire lot. Collectively, a series may provide more SEO “juice” than a number of loosely-connected random articles. It may also be a series that could be picked up by a news site, effectively extending your reach.
6. Promote with abandon. You can write the best articles, but if no one sees what you wrote, what good is that? That’s where social media comes in — sites such as Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Facebook can extend your reach more than any other method. Sure, for some people paying for ads to connect customers with their content is important. Social media simply makes it easier for you to not only connect but raise your online profile.
Bring it All Home
Your Internet efforts are not done and will never be completed. You’ll review, refine and update your methodology accordingly, ensuring that you have the website needed to help it shine online. Never give up and always be innovative — your competition is doing likewise and you must do at least as well as they advises the LocalSEOCompanies.com.