Nowadays printers have become an essential part of our day to day lives. Whether one wants to print official or personal documents or even for children’s school project work, a printer is a must. One can choose according to the usage from personal or networked printers to virtual or 3D printers. There are a wide range of printers available in the market. The cost of these devices depends on the technology used in them. Some of these can print only on specific paper types for example; a bank may use a different device to print cheques, whereas a regular office might just need print on A4, A3 or legal sheets of paper.
Following are the Printing Technologies which are used nowadays in the Printers-
- Laser or toner based printers– A laser beam is used to print the text by using the toner which contains the ink in a powder form.
- LED Printers– Instead of laser beam they use collection of LED’s and are again toner based.
- Liquid Ink-jet printers– These are the most commonly used. Liquid ink is filled in the cartridges and print can be taken on any kind of paper.
- Solid Ink Printers– They use solid ink just like a candle wax and are commonly used for printing colored media in offices.
- Dye sublimation Printers– Heat is used as a medium to transfer dye on the paper, canvas or even plastic cards.
- Inkless Printers– They are used on papers which are heat sensitive.
These sophisticated devices need regular maintenance and for their upkeep, expert services are required and a printer service specialist can ensure the same. These specialists can detect and solve any problem effectively.
Some common problems faced by the users in functioning of Printers are as follows-:
- The first and the most common problem is the speed of the printing device being slow. This can be very annoying at any given point of time and can hamper the work efficiency of employees.
- Replacing of toners, cartridges and consumables can frequently add to the total cost of ownership.
- Print job is not getting executed by the default printer. This happens basically due to incorrect configuration, settings or problem in the network.
- The prints are not clear, they are too light, have horizontal lines or have spots all over the paper. This problem frequently occurs when there is some issue with the printer rollers.
- Another common issue with inkjet printers is out of ink messages which require cartridge reset or print head replacement.
- Performance issues with network and wireless printers.
- Issues with incorrect or corrupted printer drivers.
- Refurbished ink cartridges or toners can also create an issue in the performance of printer.
- Faulty paper tray can also cause printing issues.
- Other issues like poor connection, faulty cable, paper jam and print head clogged due to non usage for a long time can add to the printing woes.
Though it is a known fact that every electronic gadget has a limited lifetime and over the years it depreciates with usage. But devices such as printers are not bought again and again as they can add to working capital cost of the company and for individual users it can burn a hole in their pocket.
Here, the services of printer service specialist should be utilized so that the device can function properly and can be of real value for the user. These specialists have skill set to resolve any issue with the printing devices which even includes installing and configuring. Apart from that they can guide and help the consumer on buying or installing according to the specification and needs.