Twitter can function as a useful tool or a distracting diversion. Among its other uses, it can be very helpful in making sure that your night out goes more smoothly. Below are five ways that you can have a better night out thanks to the power of Twitter.
- Up-to-the-minute traffic reports – You need to drive across town, but what’s the best route to take? Your usual way could be blocked by a messy traffic accident or rush hour gridlock. Chances are your metro area has, at least, one Twitter feed dedicated to reporting on local traffic problems. Just do a quick search for your area and keywords like “traffic” and you should find your way to a handy feed in no time. Just to be on the safe side, you can also send them a message over Twitter asking whether there are any traffic problems in the part of town you’ll be driving through.
- Movie decisions – You’ve made it through town and now you’re standing in line at the local multiplex. But you can’t decide what movie to see. You sort of remember reading about one or two of them, but were they supposed to be good or bad? Find out what ordinary filmgoers thought about the choices you have by doing a Twitter search using the title of the movie as a hashtag.
- Restaurant decisions – You’ve successfully navigated traffic and chosen a movie, but now you’re hungry. You can find out what people think about local restaurants, in the same way, you looked for information on what movie to watch. But savvy restaurants also provide a lot of useful information on their Twitter feed such as their daily specials. This can help you decide between two or three top contenders.
- Music and nightclubs – Where’s the best live music tonight? Who’s playing at your favorite clubs? Check out their Twitter feeds, or tweet them to find out. Hashtags are useful not just for your own searches but for putting a question of your own out there, so hashtag band and club names to cast a wider net.
- Send photos – Now it’s time to persuade more of your friends to join you. Once upon a time, you were reduced to shouting into a cell phone, but a picture really is worth a thousand words. Snap a few photos of the fun you’re having and send them attached to tweets to get your friends in a partying mood. This article was written by ezCater.com. For more information and to order Concord catering visit ezCater.com.